Monday, October 10, 2005

From being an Ex to a Friend...

I was listening to RX this morning and Chico said something that made a point. I don't even know what the topic was cos I was half asleep and half contemplating. But judging from his conversation with Delamar, the topic might have been something about The Ex.

I guess their topic was something like How'd you know if You are Over Your Ex.

Chico said something like "You'd know na you are over your ex if you start referring to him/her as your friend instead of the ex..."

He really made a point there. I mean, in the normal order of things, if a relationship ends, the least that you could be with to each other is a friend. It's not something na so hard to do considering na you shared special moments with that person. But of course, you don't achieve that friendship right away. Assuming that you parted amicably, there shouldn't be any problems, right?

Personally, it took me years before I considered my ex as a friend. I was hurt with the break-up. You can't expect me to be friends with the person who broke my heart. I used to hate him, a lot. Just thinking about seeing him again makes me crazy. I wanted to get even. I wanted to kick his ass and make him feel sorry. But like what they always say, "Time heals all wounds." Siguro nagsawa na rin ako sa kaka-plot ng pagpatay ko sa kanya. Lol. It finally dawned on me na ganun talaga, na you can't force a person to love you. The only thing that you could do is be the person that you are and be loved as who you are.

It really takes time, believe me. But when you get to that point, mas magaan ang feeling. I don't know ha, but with me, mas naging at peace ako. Siguro dahil walang baggage na dapat i-drag.


'Vyn, I honestly hope you are happy, at peace and contented as I am.



+++++

Finally, a template na I am so happy with. It took me weeks to look for something like this. Bonus pa kasi it's purple. Lucky, lucky me. :)

1 comment:

Ma-an said...

Vayie, sige kanta lang. Duet tayo. :)