Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Life and Death

One of the hardest things for me to deal with, by far, is death. I’d like to believe that I am not afraid to die. I’d like to believe that death is really inevitable. I’d like to believe that, death, like change is life’s constant.

But no matter how hard I think about it, death scares me. The fact not knowing just scares me even more.

Death in the family, no matter how tragic and sad it is, cohesively binds us all the more.

Lola Paring, we will miss you.

*****

If I had my way, I’d start 2009 better than this. The passing away of my lola is not a good way to start the year no matter how hard we try to deal with it logically. Losing someone is plain and simple sad.

We’re just consoled with the fact that she didn’t have to suffer long and that she’s now with Papa J and Lolo S.

*****

If there’s one thing I learned out of this, is that it solidified the fact that nothing in this world is permanent. We all have to live life to the fullest and avoid regrets. Deal with might-have-beens and do everything that we can while we still can.

Live, laugh and love freely!
Live without regrets.

Seize the day and make the most out of it.

No comments: