Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Break-up

It's hard when you commit yourself to someone (or in this case, something) and not know what to really expect. What's harder even is exerting all your effort, giving your all then knowing that it's not working afterall.

Getting into the relationship is hard as it is.
You try to establish a common ground. You try to be your best. Be at your best.
At some point, you lose your identity.
The harder you please the other party, the more you lose yourself.
And sometimes, it's draining.
Especially when you realize that it's always you giving.
Always you adjusting.

You cry your heart out.
You feel that you've been had.
You wallow in self-pity.
You let time heal the wound.

Then you tell yourself...
a break-up ain't that bad at all.


And so after being together for 2 years,
I am breaking up with you.

No regrets.
I am too good for you.


***


Friendship is like any other normal relationship.
Communication is needed.
It's a two-way street.
And it shouldn't be imposed.

It's not something that you demand.
It's something you give freely.

If you don't wanna give your friendship anymore,
I'd appreciate the honesty.

If you don't want me around,
just tell me.

I'd take take that any time of the day...
Than having you and your hostility.


ps.
Thanks for the friendship.
I'll surely miss it more than anything else.
I am always praying for you.



It is with deep sadness and regret that I tell you that Ma-an's friendship with C**** died of natural death last June 19th of 2006.
Ma-an tried to rekindle the friendship but to no avail, C**** just gave up on her.
You will be missed.

No comments: