Sunday, August 21, 2005

Battle of the Exes...

I was chatting with a HS friend the other day. Bungad nya, kelan daw kasal ko. Told her na matagal pa. Kailangan pa mag-ipon and there are a lot of things na we need to take care of pa. She asked as to how I was, I replied ok lang. Common courtesy, I asked as to how she's doing. Ok naman din daw. For some reason, we talked about our so-called lovelife. For her, the lack of it I guess. She had a bf who two-timed her. I didn't get the full story but as far as I know, they were already engaged then boom... she caught the jerk two-timing her. Because of this, she's become too cynical. Superficially, she may sound bitter to some pero since she's my friend, I know that aside from that, she's also pissed off. I asked her not to lose hope kasi The One is just right out there. Ewan ko ba pero mukhang desidido siya na mas gusto nya ang kanyang current state, being single.

To somehow make her feel better, I told her na buti pa siya, she knows the exact reason as to why they broke up. At least, there was another person involved and she could always blame the third party.

Cos you see, my first boyfriend and I had a very smooth sailing relationship. We never fought, petty man siya or otherwise. Perfect nga yung relationship kasi everything was okay. Or so I thought it was. All along, typical one time, big time siya. Then one day, it just happened. He just broke up with me for no apparent reason (at least to me). I didn't know what to do. I mean, everything was okay... next day, it's over. It was hard getting by. For one, I didn't know as to why he didn't want me anymore. It may be that he has fallen out of love. It may be that he has found someone else. It may be that he figured that he didn't love me that much. It may be that he didn't like my family. It may be that he wasn't fully ready for the commitment. There were to many it maybe's... I couldn't just rule out just one cos I didn't know.

So at least, with the case of my friend, she has something solid to put the blame unto. Unlike me, unsure kung ano yung mga in-betweens.

My friend told me that nothing beats the feeling of being two-timed. For one, it is insulting. At syempre, masakit.

Well, regardless... both experiences were painful. It took me more than 12 months to get over my ex. Yung friend ko, she's still under the process of getting over her ex. It doesn't matter kung mas masakit yung ginawa sa kanya ng ex nya or ng ex ko sa akin. This isn't about who hurt whom the most. Thing is, it is very painful losing someone lalo na if you love that person. Nobody should keep score, nobody should compare notes... different folks, different strokes. What may be painful to me may not be for some.

Basta ang masasabi ko, in love, you get some, you lose some...





No comments: