Thursday, August 11, 2005

Attack of the Mascots!

Last Sunday, my officemates were trying to force me (hehe, for dramatic effect, I chose that word!) to join them in a children's party at Mc Donald's Quezon Ave. Without batting an eyalash, I said "Thanks, kayo na lang."
I'd die first before I go to a children's party. It's not that I don't like being with children, it's just that attending a children's party would mean that there's this HUGE possibility that there's gonna be a mascot in attendance.
For the life of me, I am freakin' scared of mascots! Yup, ako na self-declared maldita, warfreak at bruha... nanginginig everytime I see Grimace, Powerpuff Girls, or kung sino'ng mascot man sya!

Weird diba? And so i do not keep on repeating myself, here's the backgrounder...

When I was in Kinder (or was it Grade One...?), Sustagen organized a program for SJC students. You guys remember their mascots? Susy and Geno? And so, yun na nga, it was an event to promote Sustagen. Syempre pa, mega-sayaw at kanta yung dalawa.
At syempre bata pa ko, gustong gusto ko silang lapitan at syempre hawakan (you know how kids are...). I was trying to reach for Susy nang bigla syang tumalikod. E hello! Ang haba-haba kaya ng hair nya, e di tumama sa face ko. In fairness, medyo masakit yung parhampas ng mala-latigo na buhok nya sa maliit na mukha ko. At syempre, nasaktan ako. Kaya ang ginawa ko, hinila ko buhok nya with all my might, sabay tulak sa kanya. With that bulging figure, she lost her balance kaya ayun, Geno helped her up.
I thought I could get away with it kaso ang bruhang Susy, nagsumbong ata kay Geno. Imagine my shock, astonishment and fear when those two wackos started running after me!
Tama ba naman yun, patulan ako? I totally forgot na what happened after that. Nagising na lang ako sa loob ng prayer room, sabi ng teacher ko, I passed out daw.

And so after that, everytime I see a mascot, I walk fast (literal meaning : run) the other way.

No comments: