Friday, March 17, 2006

Finally...

It was past 7 in the evening when I got to sleep yesterday.
For those who works in a regular shift, that's okay. Heck, that's even early.
But for someone working on a 2-11 AM shift, that's absurd.
I got off from work at 11 in the morning.
Finished lunch at around 1 in the afternoon.
I even got to finish reading one book.
But still, I couldn't sleep.
I was too far away from Dreamland.
Sleep was very elusive.

For some reason, I cannot sleep.
For some reason, I was uneasy.
It was as if something huge's gonna happen.

I woke up at 1 in the morning.
I didn't feel too well.
My heart is slamming against my ribs.
Gawd, I am palpitating.

I was telling myself, no Venti White Mocha Frap for me from now on.
(Although that has been no problem for me in the past.)

When I got in the office, I was still uneasy.
Something's not quite right.

As I was turning on my computer, Dianne from Opsdesk approached my TL.
She told my TL that Mel needs to talk me.
I was freakin' nervous. And me lacking sleep didn't help at all.
When I approached Mel, she told me that Brian is looking me.
Oh great, just what I need. An on-the-spot interview with me palpitating and looking so undressed. As it is Friday, we are on dress down and I was wearing one of my white Havaianas. I even had to borrow a dressier sandals from a team mate (Thanks Mea!).

As Brian and I were talking, he casually asked as to how I think I did with the final interview.
I said that I didn't make any major booboo and I was able to answer all questions, so I think I did well.
Then he just said, "Oh, good for you cos you got the job."
My brain wasn't functioning well that time that's why I didn 't even react.
I just said "really" with that stupefied look on my face.

And so I just got promoted...

Finally...

It was worth the palpitation and puyat...

1 comment:

Ma-an said...

VAYIE - that's actually the worst shift i ever got in. sakit sa ulo. :)